Benefits of Code Black & OVA Training with Resolution Education
Resolution Education’s OVA and Code Black Training for healthcare workers aim to reduce instances of violent outbursts from patients, minimising the altercations your team face. This enables staff to focus on their primary task – providing exceptional healthcare.
At Resolution Education we ensure training is hands-on, with multiple role-playing scenarios based on your organisation’s needs, and training designed specifically for your staff and facility (considering internal policies and procedures).
Comprehensive Occupational Violence & Aggression Training for Healthcare Industries
OVA Training in Healthcare
Resolution Education has extensive experience in the development and teaching of customised OVA (occupational violence and aggression) techniques, including restraint and Code Black Training. We have delivered training to all facets of the health sector, including emergency response teams, mental health organisations, and remote support organisations. This experience also includes all organisation sizes, from small private clinics to large state hospitals. We focus on situational awareness and practical de-escalation techniques tailored to your organisational requirements.
We work with organisations to fully understand their operating environment and any issues that may arise in which staff will require OVA skills. From this foundation we customise all training programs to specific organisational requirements, utilising our signature A.D.P. framework as a base. A.D.P. allows trainees to build skills incrementally, facilitating memory retention, and leveraging logical thought sequences to ensure successful outcomes.
Our comprehensive training programs cover everything from recognising the first warning signs of potential aggression to correctly making an incident report and utilising post-incident coping mechanisms. The training programs follow a sequence designed to build skill layers. This approach ensures all team members attain the appropriate set of skills for their job. Our training programs are also integrated, ensuring that regardless of their job, employees can understand the role they play in OVA and work collaboratively to reduce the occurrence of incidents.
Training Courses for Healthcare Workers
- Code Black Training including Emergency Response Team Training and the development of code black policies (if required)
- Code Grey Response Training
- De-escalation and Advanced Tactical Communication Training
- Restraint Training including chemical, mechanical, and physical restraints, and moving aggressors to seclusion rooms
- Train the Trainer (have your organisation’s internal trainers deliver OVA and Restraint Training)
- Customised training for clinical roles (nurses, ward persons, doctors, etc.) and non-clinical roles (security staff, administration, front desk staff, etc.).
We work with all healthcare organisations, not limited to the following:
- Private Hospitals
- Public Hospitals
- Mental Health Facilities
- Aged Care Facilities
- Allied Health Practices and Healthcare Professionals
- Remote Community Health Facilities