Phone & Online Chat De-escalation Training
Resolution Education’s Online Chat and Phone De-escalation training is an engaging and content-rich course designed to equip your team with vital skills for handling challenging conversations with heightened individuals over the phone or through online chat. This can include emails, website chat functions, and social media.
Our primary objective is to empower your team with the necessary tools to effectively de-escalate tense situations, fostering an environment where productive and constructive discussions can take place. By employing these techniques, we aim to achieve the best possible outcomes for all parties involved.
Who Will Benefit From Our
De-escalation training benefits all employees who regularly engage in online chat or phone conversations and may encounter challenging interactions with heightened or angry individuals. By equipping your staff with this interactive training package, which incorporates proven strategies and techniques, you can effectively safeguard their well-being and ensure their ability to handle such situations confidently.
Resolution Education has trained a range of customer-facing personnel at all levels, within various organisations. We understand that, depending on the roles of different employees, the types of situations likely to be encountered can vary greatly.
All training is based on our proven A.D.P. Framework, and concepts are customised so staff can receive the most relevant and effective phone and online chat training possible.
Contact us today to discuss your Online Chat and/or Phone De-escalation Training requirements.
- Duration: Half-Day or Full-Day
- Delivery Options: Face-to-Face or Virtual
- Location: Australia, New Zealand and Internationally – at your workplace or at a convenient location of your choice
- Capacity: Up to 25 people for the day or an additional trainer can be organised
- What To Wear: Clothes you would normally wear to work
By completing this training (with the two key modules in our proven A.D.P. Framework), you will:
- be able to recognise the signs of a person becoming agitated
- increase your awareness and preparation to handle any phone call or online communication
- learn strategies to deal with threatening and abusive situations
- strengthen your ability to evaluate a situation, to make more informed and appropriate decisions
- develop your confidence in using appropriate de-escalation techniques to handle escalating phone calls and online communication
- learn how to control your emotions during an escalating situation
- be able to use your voice and tone appropriately to help resolve an issue
- be able to effectively communicate with people who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- be able to effectively communicate with people who are facing mental health challenges
This training provides a safe environment to discuss various situations, increasing your understanding of the material presented and improving your confidence to effectively manage unexpected conflicts on the phone or via online communication.
All course outlines are based on the proven A.D.P. Framework and are customised through consultations with your organisation prior to the day of training. This ensures that the needs of the participants are addressed, as their safety and increased confidence in dealing with difficult situations is our priority.
The training is focused on two modules of the A.D.P. Framework: AWARENESS and DE-ESCALATION, which teaches participants how to mitigate and combat incidents of aggressive and escalated behaviour whilst on the phone or engaging in online communication such as emails, social media, and website chat features.
A more detailed training course outline can be provided by contacting us directly.