Phone De-Escalation and Dealing with Difficult Phone Calls
Resolution Education’s Phone De-Escalation Training is an interactive and strategy-rich course which teaches you the essential skills needed to deal with agitated and aggressive clients or colleagues during phone calls.
Our aim is to provide you with the tools to confidently de-escalate a situation on the phone – allowing a healthy and constructive discussion to become possible, and creating the best outcomes for both parties.
Who Will Benefit From This Training?
Any employees who deal with phone conversations could be in contact with difficult, aggressive or angry people. To deal with this and protect your staff, you’ll find this interactive training package – which includes proven strategies and techniques – highly effective.
Resolution Education has trained a range of customer-facing personnel at all levels, within various organisations. We understand that, depending on the roles of different employees, the types of situations likely to be encountered can vary greatly.
All training is based on our proven A.D.P. Framework, and concepts are customised so staff can receive the most relevant and effective phone training possible.
Contact us today to discuss your Phone De-Escalation Training requirements.
- Duration: Half Day or Full Day
- Delivery Options: Face to Face or Virtual
- Location: Australia, NZ and International – virtually using Zoom or Teams, or in person at your workplace (or a location that can be organised by Resolution Education)
- Capacity: up to 30 people, or an additional trainer can be organised
- What To Wear: Clothes you would normally wear to work
By completing this training (with the two key modules in our proven A.D.P. Framework), you will:
- be able to recognise the signs of a person becoming agitated
- increase your awareness and preparation to handle any phone call
- learn strategies to deal with threatening and abusive situations over the phone
- strengthen your ability to evaluate a situation, in order to make more informed and appropriate decisions
- develop your confidence in using appropriate de-escalation techniques to handle escalating phone situations safely
- learn how to control your emotions during an escalating phone situation
- be able to use your voice and tone appropriately to help resolve an issue
- be able to effectively communicate with people who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- be able to effectively communicate with people with disabilities
This training provides a safe environment to discuss various situations, increasing your understanding of the material presented and giving you confidence in your ability to deal with unexpected conflict on the phone.
All course outlines are based on the proven A.D.P. Framework and are fully customised through consultations with your organisation prior to training day. This ensures that the needs of the group and individuals participating in the training are addressed. Their safety and increased confidence in dealing with difficult situations is our priority.
The training is divided into two modules: AWARENESS and DE-ESCALATION, which teach you the key aspects of combating incidences of aggressive and difficult behaviour while on the phone in the workplace.
A more detailed OVA training course outline can be provided by contacting us directly.