Benefits of De-escalation & OVA Training with Resolution Education
Education is a varied industry with many types and levels of staff and students. The training we teach includes OVA and De-escalation techniques. We shape our teaching of these methods to your specific industry, organisation and needs, so you can be sure your staff will receive the best training for their everyday roles. In turn, the level of safety within your entire organisation will increase.
Resolution Education’s training for education industries helps staff deal with aggressive situations, as well as prevent them. This reduces risk for all people involved in the organisation – teachers, students, staff, and the public. With a greater sense of awareness, your staff will be able to work together, using OVA, de-escalation and more, to create a safer learning environment. They’ll understand legalities, policies and procedures to ensure they resolve conflict not only effectively, but correctly. This brings employees peace of mind, boosting their ability to provide excellent educational services.
Comprehensive De-escalation & OVA Training for the Education Industry
De-escalation & OVA Training in Education
In education spaces, such as universities and schools, staff may face situations where students, relatives of students, or even co-workers display difficult behaviour. Barriers between students, staff, and educators can cause communication issues to arise and create tension. For example, if a student receives a bad result on an assignment, and becomes hostile with their teacher. In scenarios such as this, it’s vital for staff to know what to do and how to de-escalate the situation rather than worsen it. Educators, and those who work within education, must be trained to work with a range of people to ensure the best outcomes for students, and to protect themselves and others when aggressive situations arise.
Resolution Education’s overarching value is that every employee has the right to feel safe in their workplace, and all of our training modules reflect this. Our goal is to provide education workers with the confidence to de-escalate conflict to promote safer educational institutions and reduce unnecessary risk. Occupational aggression, in any of its forms – over phone/email or face-to-face, and both verbal or physical abuse – is a rising issue. Our training gives employees the best toolkit to keep themselves and others safe.
We have trained:
- Teachers: kindergarten, preschool, primary and secondary/high school
- Vocational education teachers
- Special education teachers
- Principals and other school leadership roles such as heads of departments
- Deans and other tertiary-level education institution leadership roles
- University lecturers/tutors
- TAFE teachers
- Education administrators and assistants
Training Courses for Education Workers
- De-escalation and advanced tactical communication training
- Physical intervention training to keep the team safe
- Safe restraints for physical behaviour
- Phone de-escalation training for administrative staff
- Train the Trainer (have your organisation’s internal trainers deliver OVA and Restraint Training)
- Customised training for specific education roles
We work with a variety of education organisations, not limited to the following:
- Primary and Secondary Schools
- Pre-school and Prep
- Special Education Organisations
- Community Education
- Non-Formal Education Organisations
- Non-Accredited Training Organisations
- Other industry/skill-specific training organisations