Resolution Education’s Restraint training is a specialised package that caters to emergency response teams, security personnel, healthcare providers, and other roles requiring non-punitive restraint techniques. Under the close supervision of the trainer, the training ensures compliance with state and federal regulations while prioritising the implementation of safe methods to minimise harm.
The training is customisable and can range from basic restraints to more intensive restraints, depending on the industry and situations likely to arise.
Who Will Benefit From Restraint Training?
Restraint Training is necessary for the safety of certain personnel, and we believe that all employees requiring this level of skill will find our interactive training package effective. Our easy-to-learn restraint techniques will keep both staff and aggressors safe.
Resolution Education has trained personnel at all levels within various organisations, and we understand that the types of situations likely to be encountered can vary greatly depending on the different roles of individual employees. Therefore all training is based on our proven A.D.P. Framework, and concepts are customised for staff to receive the most relevant and effective training possible.
Contact us today to discuss your Restraint Training requirements.
- Duration: 1 to 2 days available
- Delivery: Face-to-Face
- Location: Australia, New Zealand and Internationally – at your workplace or at a convenient location of your choice
- Capacity: Up to 20 people for the day, or an additional trainer can be organised
- What To Wear: Clothes you would normally wear to work
By completing this training you will be provided with the skills to use safe restraint techniques confidently
- recognising the signs of when and when not to restrain
- understanding everyone’s role in a restraint process
- understanding the legalities around restraints
- learning safe non-punitive restraint techniques
- learning standing, seated, and moving restraint techniques
- learning seclusion room restraints
- understanding the different types of restraints including mechanical restraints (using a device), physical restraints, and medical restraints
- practising how to safely restrain, as a team, once back in the workplace
This training provides a safe environment to practice various situations, increasing both your understanding of the material presented and confidence in your ability to use the restraint process.
All restraint training outlines are based on proven techniques and are customised to the organisation (based on incidents, policies and procedures, and legal policies). This ensures that the needs of the group and individuals participating in the training are addressed, as their safety and increased confidence is our priority.
The training is divided into modules, allowing participants to progressively develop their skills by starting with foundational concepts and advancing to real-life scenario practise.
A more detailed Restraint Training course outline can be provided by contacting us directly.