Resolution Education’s Restraint Training has evolved over 20 years to provide restraint techniques to various industries.
Training can range from basic non-punitive restraints to more intensive restraints, depending on the industry and situations likely to arise.
Our training covers all federal and state legislation requirements and is specifically tailored to each industry. For example, Code Black teams in hospitals, prison guards, police, or security personnel.
Who Will Benefit From This Training?
Restraint Training is necessary for the safety of certain personnel, and we believe that all employees requiring this level of skill will find our interactive training package effective. Our easy-to-learn restraint techniques will keep both staff and aggressors safe.
Resolution Education has trained personnel at all levels within various organisations, and we understand that the types of situations likely to be encountered can vary greatly depending on the different roles of individual employees. Therefore all training is based on our proven A.D.P. Framework, and concepts are customised for staff to receive the most relevant and effective training possible.
Contact us today to discuss your Restraint Training requirements.
- Duration: Full Day and Two Day available
- Delivery Options: Face to Face Only
- Location: Australia, NZ and Internationally – at your workplace (or a location can be organised by Resolution Education)
- Capacity: up to 20 people for the day, or an additional trainer can be organised
- What To Wear: Clothes you would normally wear to work
By completing this training you will be provided the skills to confidently and safely use restraint techniques:
- recognising the signs of when, and when not to, restrain
- understanding everyone’s role in a restraint process
- understanding the legalities around restraints
- safe non-punitive restraint techniques
- standing, seated, and moving restraint techniques
- seclusion room restraints
- mechanical restraints (using a device), physical restraints, and medical restraints
- practice how to safely restrain, as a team, once back in the workplace
This training provides a safe environment to practice various situations, increasing both your understanding of the material presented and confidence in your ability to use the restraint process.
All restraint training outlines are based on proven techniques, and are fully customised to the organisation (based on current situations, policies and procedures and legal policies). This ensures that the needs of the group and individuals participating in the training are addressed, as their safety and increased confidence are our priority.
The training is divided into modules that build on each other, so staff can practice the basics and build up to finishing the training with real-life scenarios.
A more detailed Restraint Training course outline can be provided by contacting us directly.